Saturday, February 10, 2007

Just some stuff

A few people have been asking what I've been up too. This is it ! Some rennovating.

Unfortunately I don't have any before pictures, so you can't tell what an improvement we have made to the house. The rennovations are not finished either. But hey! here's a tinsy bit of my world. OH btw these pics are all over the place, because I haen't worked out how to upload in sequence on blogger .. d'uh.
One of the unfinished things. My ensuite / robe. Through that doorway that currently looks dark and horrid will be a robe that leads to an ensuite. At the moment I have cheap Ikea wardrobes to hold all my stuff in. The shelving in Ikea too ... I loveth Ikea ... they are so cool. Anyone see my little elvis dolls ... look closely they are there.


My dolphins, I love dolphins, that is all.




The back of the lounge. That blue curtain in the doorway, leads to my room. We haven't found the right doors to put there yet. So I currently live in a tent. On that bookshelf, second shelf, is every single episode of Star Gate available, my bro is a Star Gate Freak.




My bed it's king size, didn't really think it would fit, but it fits just nicely. Outside those windows is the pool. So it's got a bit of a resort feel to it. You can't really see but there's a little bit of a walkway between the window and the bed.




Part of the lounge, looking into the dining. What is great about this pic is the painting my sister-in law did on the back wall. It brings the back room into the front. The four segments represent each of my brothers daughters. I really like it. (hmm the big box in the middle is a toy - sound system, my brother bought for himself, to go in the back room)





That's the dining room looking into the kitchen, looking into the laundry. The great part of this pic are the tiles! we replaced drab dark lino with terracotta tiles. It's made a huge difference. See my tupperware lunchbox on the bench (on the right), I love it. Everyone should have one.



3 comments:

Gail said...

YAY! Thats really cool. I am glad you posted these, it's fun to see your living quarters. From what you have described it looks like it has been a lot of work! I know renovations usually are, but it is always exciting too to see the finished product!
Do you buy a new bed??? hmmm oh how my mind is running away with me... ;o)
I love that dining suite btw.. the wood looks yummy!

Gail said...

I meant to say "did you buy a new bed?" It's 2.14am here currently, I should be excused from any and all typing errors.

Trude said...

yes I got a new bed the other one was too small for my tossing and turning .. haha ..

and no there is no excuse for typos :-p~~