Saturday, June 02, 2007

A Day At The Museum

As always when I spend a day with my nieces I have a ball. Today we caught a train .. yeah a public train .. and went to the museum .. it all cost .. $0 .. that's right there were no train conductors or ticket handlers to be seen and the museum is always free.

Our only cost was the $4.00 pies (each that is). I even made the girls drink from water fountains if they were thirsty . hah . I'm frugal aunty when I want to be aye!

Public trains are fun, with people who talk to themselves, graffitti everywhere, we felt really really safe!

Southbank a tree

Southbank a flower

Southbank an aunty

Going Home

6 comments:

Gail said...

Lovely photograph of you there Miss Trudy! It looks like you guys had fun... public trains brings back horrible memories of catching the train in Sunday at midnight to get across town to the temple apartments with my Bike and no clue where I was! And that scary car that harrassed me in the train station... argh! But then there was the young guy on the train who thought I was cool for biking from Sydney to Brisbane... and the woman who gave me her phone number to call and tell her I got to the apartments okay. They made up for it... boy oh boy Im rambling on.

Gail said...

er, thats Sydney - not sunday

Gail said...

hahaha scary CAR???? hahaha man, I having trouble typing today... scary G U Y... I meant

Daisy Paige said...

Oh, lookit all the fun you and the girls had! I absolutely love LOVE the playtime I get to spend with my nieces. I'm the frugal aunt as well, but they don't seem to mind.

Laurie said...

I absolutely want to come visit New Zealand. First, that chocolate cake put the thought into my head, but now these pictures have sealed the deal for me. :)

Trude said...

Laurie I would absolutely love it! if you came down for a visit :-)