Sunday, November 04, 2007

Just Call Me Mary ...


My boss called me into her office on Friday ... went something like this ..

boss: so Trudy got something you wanna tell me ?
Trudy: ummm let's see ... NO ! ?
boss: are you sure ... everyone else seems to know ! except me ...
Trudy: know what ... gulp ... what have I done ...
boss: the rumours in the branches are you are pregnant !
boss/Trudy : rolling on floor in fits of laughter ...
Trudy: breathe.huh.breathe.mepregnant.breathe.why?
boss: well you know ... some women get incredibly skinny when they get pregnant .. in the first stages ... and the factory guys that came down for training last week .. have reported back to all and sundry that you are looking so skinny, you MUST BE PREGNANT ! ..
boss/Trudy : crying ... tears of laughter ... people poking their heads in the office wondering what the commotion is.
Trudy: well just tell them to start calling me Mary if that's the case .. btw .. that's a compliment right ?

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Can I have your immaculate child? And be skinny too? :)

Trude said...

heh .. although I think they are nuts .. I'm not skinny ! yet .. just normal .. really .. I do like food .. !! I'm part maori ..

Debra said...

Well, if getting pregnant will help me get skinny, I'll sign up for that diet plan! lol!

Gail said...

hmm virgin mary > immaculate conception > roman catholic > Italy > yes, you should visit!