Sunday, July 30, 2006

So I've been wondering lately

1. a) how does the information superhighway work .. How for example am I able to type this . . How does my keyboard know that whatever button I push is a certain letter and that it can sometimes be a CAPITAL .. then how does that transform itself onto my screen.. and then when I push a button travel on this information highway to end up on everyone elses screen ... how ?? I can't understand it ..

b) sort of in the same vein as above .. how do mobile phones work .. how can I talk into my mobile phone and it travel out into space into the phone of the person I am ringing and noone elses .. how are mobile phones able to have this seemingly one on one connection with one another and find these signals out of the millions that must be out there .. to communicate with one another ..


2. how come if someone might fart, lighting a match seems to dispel of the odour .. does the fire from the match soak it all up ? (sorry I know its gross, but I have been thinking about that, which probably means I'm gross too)

Just a couple of things that are tormenting my little brain right now ..

1 comment:

Trude said...

Thanks so much Dan :-)

Isn't the world so amazing ! I mean what person created binary and was able to manipulate it in to a machine that could communicate in such a way as a computer .. how was that done .. It just boggles my mind !

Who was it that discovered these radio waves and was able to manipulate them to send signals that enable us to communicate on opposite sides of the world without the need for cables or wires that would connect us ..

The fire thing is very very cool too ! I mean who needs air freshener ! hah