Thursday, October 19, 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's been wonderful.

Whoa, I so have not been around lately ! but I have been getting demands to post about my Elvis Concert. I was going to wait till I got some of the pics I took onto my computer, but I have lost the chord to connect .. so I'll just have to do without.

Can I just say that it was AWESOME ! ?

From the moment we drove into the car park and saw 4 elvis', then roamed around the venue that had Elvis Memorabillia, and crowded in with the grannies and their sons to buy Elvis Programs, we knew it was going to be one heck of a night.

The concept was that Elvis performs live (but he's dead) .. on a Gigantic screen that hangs over the stage, with past concert footage. Whilst his original band, his original back up singers and others are on the stage, performing live. Just think reverse karaoke, except the singer is on the video and the soundtrack is live on stage ..

It was quite amazing .. The timing that must be involved. They played their instruments and sang in perfect timing to what Elvis was doing on screen. It really was like watching him live. I mean just try to imagine big arena concerts nowadays where you are so far away from the stage that you only get to see the band on the big screen anyways, that's what it was like.

Gotta tell ya, at the beginning it was quite weird to think he was not actually there, but that feeling quickly left as they started doing their thing. Although once again at the end that feeling came back like a thunderbolt, as we all looked at the stage with the lights up and the screen blanked, with no Elvis.

It was a great night, I would recommend it too anyone who truly loves Elvis .. and I would encourage anyone else just to go to be amazed at the concept that the show was ..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tat actually sounds like it would be really cool! I can't wait to see the pictures!
And the company? How did your company for the evening enjoy it? ANd when do we get to see pictures of he and thee, miss trudee!!!???

Anonymous said...

*that

Anonymous said...

Oh my HEAVENS!!!

Can you feel the envy all the way over here on the other side of the Pacific?!! Honestly!

That sounded like such a fun show! I'm so glad you got to go do that. Do they ever tour in the states??

Awesome story.

... and hugs to you, dear Trudy. You are such a wonderful friend.

Trude said...

Dan, the fella I went with isn't really an Elvis fan either, he came as a favour to me. But he thoroughly enjoyed it, twas like a whole new cultural experience, and even though the King wasn't there in person, the performance and how it was all set up intrigued him. So much so that he said he couldn't get to sleep till 2am in the morning because he had "how great thou art" and "Battle Hymn Of the Republic" going around and around in his head.

Oh btw Abi the company was splendid :-) ... and still is !

Thai they started doing this concert a few years ago at Memphis during Elvis Week. One of the concerts featured Lisa Marie singing with her father "don't cry daddy" .. I have it on mp3 .. makes me sob every time I listen ..