Monday, July 09, 2007

Business Time



needed this laugh. hope you enjoy.

This actually hit home quite alot. I've been wandering around the past few weeks, making some decisions. I have hit a roadblock in life - it's called being eternally single. I don't want that. I have been offered opportunities to seek for companionship outside of what I have grown up to believe is the only way, that is relying on and seeking people/friends/groups outside of the church. I don't have anything against non-members or even non-member friends, but have always steered away from seeking a companion who is a non-member, because of my conditioning and learning throughout my life. But I have come to the realisation that this is not the only path that I have too follow and I have come to realise if I continue on the path I have been on, I am going to be very old and very lonely very soon. Actually I am already very lonely and very nearly very old, hence the exploration into other social circles. I've decided to give it a go. Wish me luck, or something.

4 comments:

Gail said...

hahaha now that WAS funny. and more than a little unnerving!

I am not sure what to say about finding happiness outside of your own belief. Obviously there are fabulous men outside of the church also. It seems easy for those of us who are married to sit in our middle class houses, with our middle class husbands and middle class white picket fence and say "Trudy, don't do it" But you are the one who is lonely, you know how to seek the spirit to know if someone is good or not. SO I trust you to make that choice for you. I have not found it easy with love, as you know, it's been a long bumpy ride for Mike and I, I do know though - that I am so glad I never gave up on something good/eternal/precious in the future, for something I could have had now...because I didn't know what was instore.
Good luck my friend with finding a love that is good and fresh, restorative and inspiring - you deserve it. Much love.

By the way, I have closed my blog down to the public, if you would like to be added as a reader please let me know an email address for which to add you. :)

Shannon said...

I didn't watch that video yet. But I wanted to say don't be lonely. And to tell you that you aren't old. Oh yeah, and I was going to try and tell you something intelligent about following your heart while holding the iron rod, but I'm not all that intelligent.

Trude said...

thanks sheila's .. which is an enduring aussie term actually .. unless some fella yelled it to me across the street, then I'd wanna punch him in the nostril ..

But I hear what you are both saying ..

and I am so old .. it's my birthday in a couple of months ..

PS mrs shazza .. you are not only intelligent, but you are beautiful and intelligent .. so stick that in your pipe and smoke it ..

Daisy Paige said...

I think Flight of the Conchords is absolutely hilarious (did you get that vid from my blog? I have a link to a website with mp3 downloads of some of their other songs), but I'm at a loss as to how they correlate to your present dating scene and the decision to expand beyond the LDS circle.

Anyway, I know everyone councils against it, but my mother came from a good LDS family and married my non-religious father against her parents' wishes. It took a lot of time and patience (almost 12 years), but eventually my dad got a testimony of the gospel, got baptized, and my parents, my three brothers and I were all sealed as an eternal family when I was a mere two months old. He's still the only member of his family that has embraced the gospel, but he is well-respected in his family and in his social circle for living his beliefs. When my father speaks of the gospel, you listen. His spiritual presence is very commanding.

The spirit will guide you to the right person, whether he is worthy of you now or if he needs some time to become such. I say branch out a little if that's where you feel God is leading you.