Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Don't take the Christ out of Christmas



I just wanted to wish everyone a really wonderful Christmas. This time of year to me is so joyful. People stop and reflect, even if they don't believe in Christ per say, they do believe in something and at this time of year most tend to stop and remember that something.

I've had a pretty interesting couple of months. I am not going to give a run down here of what I have been up too. Except to say I have been on a journey that I have never been on before. It's taken me over 30 years to get up the courage or determination to take this journey. I don't know yet where it's going to lead. Although I must admit the path is not an all together righteous one. Don't fret my testimony is not shaken. My belief in my Heavenly Father and my wonderment at his being and purpose is still in tact.

Do you believe that people come into your life for a reason ? I mean even those of you who I know read this blog. You have all touched my life at some point and in some poignant way. We are all interconnected, through our acquaintence.

I have had some people come into my life recently. A crowd I would usually steer clear of. But I think it was because of my own prejudices. I'm not talking racial prejudice, but religious prejudice. Although I have always thought I was accepting of anyone and everyone. Yet through my church upbringing I know I would purposely stay out of places that would exclude me from meeting a whole bunch of people. Recently I have ventured into these places - with my wonderful friends as guardians - to discover a whole completely different world. A world full of people whose paths might not be exactly like mine, but our paths do cross. It's a whole new learning experience. One that I am currently enjoying being a part of. I have never really felt quite so alive for so so long. I actually feel apart of the world. Which is ironic because I have been taught all my life to stay out of the world. And this my friends is why I said earlier my path is not an altogether righteous one. Yet it is one I feel at ease taking and learning from.

So this is how I am leaving behind this year. On a journey of self discovery and learning and testing. I hope I stay on my feet, and if I fall someone will catch me.

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone. I sincerely mean that.

6 comments:

Gail said...

I will catch you, always and forever. I sincerely mean that... but please dont make it too hard for me - k? Grazie.
Otherwise I might have to leave it for the big guy upstairs, he can catch anyone, from anywhere, no matter how slippery the road they walk may be - he's good like that.

Shannon said...

You aren't becoming a Jehovah's witness, are you?!?!
xoxoxoxo Merry Christmas to you!! xoxox

Debra said...

Merry Christmas to you, too! I thought about you this year and the Christmas card I received from you a few years ago... I wanted to send you one but don't have your address. If you're ever in Washington, let me know! :P

Tora Family said...

I have found that I have felt more "alive" with friends who did not share the same beliefs as me...maybe for that exact reason...it spices things up a bit...broadens your horizens...just don't get lost in it. It's great and important (I think) to have friends that you have something in common with and friends that you have absolutely nothing in common with...I've found you can truly connect with both. But, just remember...only a true friend will respect your beliefs and values. Any person who feels you need to change them to be their friend...well, they really aren't a worthwhile friend at all. If you ever need to chat you know where to find me.

Trude said...

abi-thankyou, I know you will always look out for me .. if not in reality, in spirit .. thanks sister :-)

shannon .. yes .. I was thinking about the JW"s they don't even celebrate christmas .. would make it alot cheaper for me ! ..

debra .. i would definitely let you know if i ever made it to washington .. absolutely ! and love the hair do .. look fab.

Ursula .. thankyou very much for the thoughts. I guess it is just that my life needs spicing up and this little adventure of mine is exactly what is spicing it up .. :-). have a wonderful holiday especially in Fiji ! lucky you :D

hugs and kisses to all of you beautiful women !

Daisy Paige said...

I think it's good to branch out, as long as you recognize and understand your limits. Many of my best friends do not share my beliefs, but we have a mutual respect for each other and our differences and it works out wonderfully.

I'm a firm believer that we must learn many things from many people because one person cannot teach us everything.