Thursday, January 17, 2008

Advice to teenagers ? All I can say is if I do anything wrong don't follow me. - ELVIS



Yeah that is me as a baby. Lotsa hair. I look at my nieces and nephews nearly every day and imagine what they will be when they grow up. Now it's time to start looking at myself !

BTW HAPPY NEW YEAR !! ahem ..

Anyways I think many might get the gist that I have come to a point in my life where I have decided to make changes. Here are a few things I've done over the past year, things I have put off or dreamed about doing for a life time.

1. Got my health and weight back to what it should be
2. Start to paint
3. Learn to hit a golf ball
4. Learn to tap

This year alone I have started doing some other stuff - one of which is going to make a HUGE impact on my life.

5. Buy a guitar and learn to play it - which I have done and now have Killing Me Softly down pat and just broke my first guitar string and have blisters on the tips of my fingers - yeah I think that validates me :D
6. Get a flat - signing up for one as we speak ! a two bedroomer all for myself in a gated complex with pool and onsite manager. Because lets face it, me alone I can't be too picky, I need to get what I can afford and so would be in a neighbourhood that wouldn't be anyones first choice ! haha .. But I think the journey and growth I will get from being on my OWN for the first time in my life will be something to cherish.

ps tonight a friend has convinced me to follow him to a open mic jam session at the local tavern. All the local musicians get up and sing, play, entertain. He's a great musician and is trying to get me to get up and sing to his accompaniment. We'll see ... I have only just got over my fear of karaoke !
That's all :D :D ..

9 comments:

Shannon said...

I wish you nothing but the best this year and all years to come.
If I ever get that way again I hope you'll let me in your flat!

Gail said...

dont know what to say, but will say Hi until I can think of something else... HI!!!

Daisy Paige said...

Did you sing? Did ya, did ya??

Laura said...

How exciting! I love change - not that I think you need to change at all, dahling!

Gail said...

okay, heres the thing... I love what you have done throughout the year that you wanted to do...tap, painting etc etc. I think that totally rocks.
My concern is you keep hinting at this new life, new choices and all and yet you dont fully fess up about it, why not?
That my friend concerns me.
In other news, for the first time in about 3 years I saw Darin on msn. He asked about you.

Trude said...

Hi guys !

I have moved out and got my own place .. it's RAD . hah .. Thought I would be very lonely, but so far so good. I have only told a few friends I have moved.

Never told any of you but I have had a bit of a stalker from a previous relationship. Who happens to be a member, so I haven't really told any church folk. Can't remember if any church folk read this blog ! Don't think so ..

Anyways the new digs do not have internet. And now that I am on a budget not sure when or if I will get it connected. So my only access is to visit my sister .. which I am doing now :-)

Abi and everyone thanks for the thoughts. Shannon you and yours and everyone can definitely stay in my flat :D :D .. I have a little court yard out the back which will have a bbq by next pay day .. wheeee.

Daisy . sorry chickened out on the singing thing .. maybe next time I'll be a bit braver.

Laura i forgot to say.. also got my hair cut ! aahh .. hate it haha .. but noone else seemed to care. Girls are so finicky about their hair aye.

Abi - so sorry I have kept you in the dark .. but I am well my dear, thanks for worrying. This is the first time in my life I have really really gone out on my own into the world to stand on my own two feet. Even my family have been worried .. but it's about time I grew up ! literally .. dontcha think :-) :-) .. Went to my new ward today and would you know it. sat right beside the high priest group leader .. who straight away asked who I was and wrote my name in his little book and said he'd get me HT'ers straight away ! he's very enthusiastic about his calling ..

How is that Darin. haven't seen that boy for many moons .. hope he and his family are doing extremely well.

I should have made this a new entry to my blog .. but dont' really have the time.

Gail said...

i am totally waiting for a new post with photographs, thanks.
I want to see this place you are now calling home.
I loved living on my own, especially since now I dont. I love having my own space, its so freeing, and wonderful. Congratulations on that.
I thought perhaps you were starting to walk a path that was leading you in the opposite direction to where we find our answers to life's burning questions. That would not be good news to hear.

Darin is fine, in law school, just as big of a punk as ever. Still only one kid, and still loving life. He's a good kid really.

hope we all get to see you updating soon -g

Shannon said...

I'm glad to hear that you have moved and are doing good. I'm not glad to hear that you have a stalker.
I'm glad that you finally posted something even if it was in an obscure spot that I almost didn't see.
I actually came to visit your blog to see if I needed to send someone over to breathe some life into you because I was worried you were dead.
I'm very glad you aren't dead.
xoxo

Daisy Paige said...

Well, I sure am a happy camper that I clicked the comment button to ask for an update! I didn't realize you replied to alla us in this comment section. I sure hope things are going well for you at your new place!