Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dean Vegas - very nearly the next best thing




I've seen Dean Vegas twice. Both performances were entertaining and well worth the trouble. This performance I saw this past weekend was probably my fave. Alot of that had to do with the 70+ yr old grannies throwing their undies at him. He took it all graciously and promptly threw their knickers at this band.

What I like most about this guy is that he doesn't impersonate Elvis, he entertains and does a tribute performance for Elvis. Some might say there's a very fine line between an impersonator and a tribute artist. I can tell the difference. I appreciate the latter much more. I appreciate Dean Vegas.

My mate is the keyboardist for his band. The band is made up of a guitarists, bass player, drummer and my friend on the keyboards. Can I just say .. my mate Fraser is the most awesome keyboardist I have ever heard. The last song for the performance was "American Triology" anyone who knows that song knows it's filled with huge instrumentals, Fraser managed to get every sound needed out of his keyboards. The crowd went wild. Well as wild as the blue rinse set can get, which all you young folk, can actually be pretty full on !

http://www.deanvegas.com/ <=== check out his website

No comments: