Saturday, May 13, 2006

Mawwiage, it's what brings us togeva

"I'll fall in love someday and maybe there'll be a rock'n'roll wedding" - elvis on his return from the army.

I have my wedding mapped out (or should I say reception). It will be a casual but organised affair. I picture palm trees and waves and sea breezes. I see lots of kids running around and having fun. I see people relaxed with smiles on their faces, enjoying the company of those around them. I see guitars and ukelele's and impromptu singing. I see a luau (sp?). The most important thing I see is a partner to share the rest of my life and eternity with.

I see all of that in my head. One day I hope to make it a reality.

Although I happen to be very single at the moment. I look forward to the day I can hang up my so called 'freedom' tag : and replace it with my 'partnership in all things' tag.

In the meantime I dream.

Other things I dream about ?

My home. Since my early teens I have drawn and re-drawn my dream home. It will be in a U shape, with a pool in the middle of the U .. On one side will be the "kids" wing. On the other side the "parents" wing - coupled with a theatre room and a guest room. In the top connecting the two wings will be the living areas : with a magnificent kitchen area that opens out to the pool area, bringing the outside in. Leading from the doorway into the house will be a wonderful sitting / reflection area with a fireplace (even though we would hardly use one here !) .. for those moments of solitude that we enjoy. The parents retreat will include a 'spa area' that is half inside half outside : (if there is no view) the whole area will be landscaped to a balinese feel .. lots of bamboo and palm trees and rocks. The kids wing will include a 'rumpus room' at the very end of the wing, filled with all the treasures that kids enjoy. That's my dream home.

Dreams are great huh ! I just hope I am not too much of a dreamer and can make some of them a reality ..

No comments: