Sunday, August 12, 2007

Elvis Aaron Presley (January 8, 1935 – August 16, 1977),



Don't Cry Daddy - Elvis Presley featuring Lisa Marie Presley.

It's Elvis' 30th death year anniversary this coming Thursday.

30 years after his death and the popularity of the man has not twained. How does that happen ? It seems that Elvis Week, where they commemorate this event just keeps getting bigger and better. Will people ever stop remembering/reminiscing. Surely those who were there when he started are starting to go by the wayside.

I guess I should be able to answer those questions myself. I am a big fan of the King. Yet he died when I was relatively young. I can remember sitting on my dads knee watching the Elvis in Hawaii special. That was a great memory of our whole family together enjoying ourselves. I can remember waking up to my dad belting out elvis songs. I can just imagine what it would have been like if we had a playstation with singstar back in those days, my dad would 'own' it. I can remember falling asleep listening to Elvis records on the record player. I am a big fan because my dad taught me to love Elvis. He could do "If I Can Dream" - like nobody's business ! .. to this day that song gives me the goose bumps.

I think it is my job to instill in my nieces and nephews the greatness of Elvis. The way my father did for me.

1 comment:

Gail said...

thank you, thank you very much!

love it!