Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I had a vision, Danny made it possible

Just wanted to share this with you all. I was having lunch with my friend Danny the other day (actually before I went to New Zealand). Danny and I have a bit of history. But he's a great artist, always has been. I had a dream of being able to paint a picture of my mum and myself, together, for her birthday. I tried very hard to accomplish it, but errrrr, the best I can paint are stick figures. Anyways as Danny and I were talking I told him what I wanted to do and asked him if he could do it for me. He said sure ! All I had to do was email him pics and he'd work on it. He also told me it might take a while, might be done about Christmastime. That was fine by me, it could turn into a Chrissy present :-) .. Well today he finished the painting. Wanna see it ???? OKAY !!!! I can't get it just yet, he is putting it in one of his exhibitions. gulp.

These are the pictures I gave Danny to paint from.





3 comments:

Gail said...

WOW, thats awesome!!! Are you happy with it?
Being somewhat of a painter myself, I love the colours, I think it's really cool! I bet your mother is going to flip!

Trude said...

Yeah I really like it :-) .. I think I wanna keep it for myself .. haha ..

He wanted to do the painting to show the cross between cultures. My mum being a aussie, white, redhead - and myself being part maori, dark hair, somewhat olive skin. Most of his paintings have polynesian influence.

Shannon said...

They are cool, but I have to tell you. You're so much prettier in real life. Paintings don't do you justice.