Monday, September 03, 2007

HAPPY FATHERS DAY !

I'd just like to let everyone know that I love my dad and miss him immensely, especially at this time of the year. He passed away 15 years ago.My dad let me know he loved me and all of us kids.

He wasn't very wealthy in a worldly sense, but he still gave us all that he had.

I have many good memories of my dad. Like that one time when he my brother Clayde and I lived in Loganlea. One day I was watching tv and Clayde and Dad were down in the room. All of a sudden I heard girly squealing and pleads for me to come help. I ran into my room to see Clayde and my dad on my bed jumping up and down because there was a huntsman spider in the opposite corner of the room. I don't know who was more scared, them or the spider. They ordered 'me' to go get a broom and kill it.

Then there was that one time, I got home from school and went to do my washing. Dad informed me he did it and I just needed to hang it out. Awesome. I went to hang it out - unfortunately being newly single and not knowledgeable in the art of seperating laundry, dad had mixed all of my clothes together, including some newly bought red jumpers. My washing turned out all pink. Awwww. But hey, I got to go shopping to get new clothes !

I remember as kids. We lived in Mangere, Favona. Down the road from our house was this round about (on the way to the shopping centre). Whenever we went to that roundabout dad would drive around it 4-5 times, yahooing. Yeah, to us kids that was better than the giant drop at Dreamworld ! Used to drive mum nuts though. But us kids loved it.

I will never ever forget the last time my father spoke to us kids. He was in his hospital bed and gave us all individually a Fathers blessing. I am forever grateful that we got to be with our Father at that time and to share in that beautiful experience before he moved on. The next morning we were all called to his bedside as he passed away.

I remember lots about my dad, both good and bad, happy and sad. but he's my dad and always will be forever, and I'm glad for that.

No comments: