Thursday, August 10, 2006

Gratitude is splendid ..

Last night I pondered on how very fortunate I am. I am being pretty well looked after on this big basketball on which we all live.

A good friend shared with me the surgeries she has had for a transplant and emergency surgeries afterward for various things that are happening to her.

I was watching some half cracked tv movie about Human Trafficking, the movie itself sucked, but the stories of those in it were not (it was based on fact) .. Women stolen from their countries and shipped to others to become sex slaved, Children stolen from families, sold from families, to live the same life.

The night before I was watching a program about a 16 year old girl in Iran who was hanged, for immoral acts, she was raped by a married man, the married man received 150 lashes.

The lives that some people lead to me is just astounding, I know the blessings they will receive in the next life for the hell they live here are going to be great. But what they have to go through in this life, many times at the hands of evil men, is sad, very very sad.

I am so grateful for my life ..

3 comments:

Johanna said...

can't really compare a few surgeries with those other things...

Trude said...

you're right Dan. Recently here we did the cantata for Bruce R McConkie's last living testimony : which the song 'I Believe In Christ' was based on. Whenever I think about what he went through in the Garden of Eded, so much pain that Heavenly Father sent an angel to be with Him. I am forever humbled.

And astrid you are right too .. there is no comparison .. each of us have our individual experiences and trials, what seem great to some are not great to others .. our lives give us all different perspectives don't they.

Seeing how others handle their trials though, helps me to grow and be aware of my own trials and how to face them. :-)

Bonfire said...

you know.. when i think that i am going through a rough time and that my life is going to end, all i have to do is read stories like this or go serve those who are less fortunate to remind me that i really do have it great :)