Saturday, May 26, 2007

FREAKY FRIDAY


Could it get any freakier.

Last night was Amanda's Birthday. So a group of us planned to go watch Pirates 3 at Southbank, then go for dinner afterward. As it was the second day of release we decided to book our tickets online. All was well, All was well.

PART 1
It started on my way to the city. I kinda ran through an orange light and as I always do when I do that, I look in the rear mirror to see if any cars are following, you know, just in case I need to slam on the brakes. I spotted this car coming through the recently turned red light, crazy crazy car ! All of a sudden it goes burning past me with people hanging out the window waving ---- it was Jenny and Ursula and Amanda (part of the group I am to meet up with), crazy ! Anyways all the way into the city Jenny proceeds to cut me off every chance she can get, I tell ya, if I didn't know her I'd totally do a road rage incident on her.

Anyways we get to the city, they take off in the opposite direction to get a park. I find my parking spot and make my way to the cinema, a little later than I hoped only 45mins before the movie. We wanted to get there a bit earlier to get good seats. Looking at the board I see Pirates 3 is all sold out for the rest of the night, luckily we bought our tickets online ay! As I am waiting inside the door for the rest of the group, Amanda the birthday girl rings on her mobile.
"Trudy, pirates is all sold out!"
"yeah I saw that, luckily we have tickets"
"Oh, do you have tickets"
"Uh, yeah, remember we were buying them online"
"Oh, how many did you get"
"um, only 2, 1 for Glin, remember I called and you said Jenny was buying yours"
"oh, we didn't buy any, we just thought we would get here early and take our chances"
"what!? you don't have tickets, um where are you anyways ? I am in the foyer"
"we are in the foyer"

I quickly do a scan over the crowd and see the girls so hang up and head over.
Then a crazy discussion ensues about what our options are. Finally Ursula gets on the phone and gets her hubby to buy tickets at another cinema to a session that starts 1/2 an hour after this one.

"Trudy just come to the other session"
"I bought my ticketes online they are non-refundable and non-transferrable, I also have to wait for Glin, he's isn't here yet"
"Oh"
"yeah, so you guys go see the movie at the other cinema and me and Glin will head over there after this one is finished and we'll get something to eat."
"okay, bye !"

So that's sorted. Mama Mia ! Anyways it's 6.15, it's Friday Night, it's busy, the session starts in 5mins. Er where is Glin ? I call Glin who is stuck in traffic coming up from the Gold Coast, he will be at least another 10mins. So much for getting good seats eh, he apologises in advance for the crook neck we will get from sitting in the front.

I decide to go and validate my online tickets, look in my bag and discover I didn't bring the receipt. Go to the ticket box and explain my dilemma. It seems I am not the only forgetful person, a lady in the front has the same problem. The ticket box people proceed to look for her booking and can't find it. I think great now they won't find mine either. They give up on hers and decide she didn't really book anything online .. Then it's my turn .. dun dun .. YAY they found my booking and promptly get my tickets. Now just to wait and wait for Glin.

In the meantime I call Amanda to make sure they made it to the other cinema ontime as they were a bit unsure of where "Hawthorne" was. She says YES we are here and all is good ! Great ! glad they are sorted. Now where is Glin.

Finally Glin comes running in the door, as he does so, so does Sonya who had wanted to see the movie too. She looks up "oh, it's all sold out". "no kidding". Sonya decides to go shopping instead.

So Glin and I head into the movie to the front row and get settled for crooked necks.

PART 2
The movie ends, I enjoyed it! (I'll give a review later). I look at my phone and see Amanda left a message "we are at Balmoral". Huh, I thought they went to Hawthorne. Anyways Glin and I make our way over to Balmoral. When we get there we don't see any people, but figure their movie started 1/2 an hour after ours so it should take that long to get out. After waiting for a little bit people start streaming out of one of the cinemas. They must be in this group! We wait and watch the crowd disperse and wait. Noone we know emerges. I say to Glin, I hope they aren't the type of people who wait until the end of the credits. Glin then spots Catherine lingering up by the door of the cinema, then she walks back inside. I sigh "they ARE the type of people to wait until the end of the credits". Then I remember, Pirates! there's always something at the end of the credits, we forgot to wait at our session. Finally the girls emerge and tell me what happens at the end of the credits, d'oh.

We head off to the Coffee Club to get something to eat, food is good, company is good, it's heading close to midnight. Glin gets up and does something I'm not entirely sure what at the time. Comes back and bids us all adieu, he has to work early in the morning (poor suckers who work weekends). The rest of us continue to chat for a little bit longer. We then get up to pay our bill. I notice as everyone pays their bits that all of Glins stuff is still outstanding. I look at the guy at the register,

"excuse me, those items there, are they still unpaid for?"
"yes ma'am"
"oh, you mean Glin left without paying, no way!"
"um, I don't know who Glin is but they aren't paid for"
"I can't believe Glin wouldn't pay"

.. I hurriedly ring Glin,

"hey Glin, you know your bill, did you pay for it?"
"yes, actually I paid for everyone as a surprise"
"OH! you did ? errr, but we just paid for ours"
"No, I paid for the whole table, to a blonde guy"
"yeah the blonde guy who is taking our money now"

.. The blonde guy recalls a gentleman paying for a table, but not ours.

"glin! they made you pay for another table"
.. it's so hilarious we all crack up laughing.
"don't worry Glin I'll sort it out, thanks for paying for us ! er them !"

So that was our freaky friday, which was Amanda's birthday. We all went to see Pirates 3 at different cinemas and paid for another tables meal.

BUT IT WAS A GREAT NIGHT !

8 comments:

Gail said...

hahahahaha now thats a night to remember!

Shannon said...

Chaotic. And funny.
And now I'm trying to remember if I've stayed to the end of the credits for the first two Pirates... what happened for those two, refresh my brain, please.

Trude said...

errr okay I'll see if I can remember too ..

At the end of movie one .. the monkey takes one of the coins from the treasure chest, making it immortal ..

At the end of movie two .. the dog becomes leader of the cannibal tribe on that island that they escaped from ..

wanna know what happens at the end of movie three ?

Trude said...

apparently there are a ton of people who want to know ...

so ...

warning

spoiler ahead

do not read if you do not want to know ..


leave now ...


or forever hold your peace ...


i have warned ya ...

GO AWAY if you don't wanna know ...

Trude said...

warning warning spoiler ahead ..




okay you know how Will Turner becomes Davey Jones ... and can only touch land every 10 years ..

and at the end of the movie it is him and Elizabeth on the beach .. enamoured with each other ..


And the last scene of the two is him leaving and her standing on the beach ..

Well at the end of the credits ..

He comes back to the beach ..

and she is there waiting ..

with a 9 year old boy ..

Shannon said...

Thanks for the first two updates. Tryston is especially relieved, now it all makes sense to him why the monkey was never dying. We'll make sure to be smart enough to stay after the credits this time.

Trude said...

yes and also .. the significance of Elizabeth still being there after the 10 years .. is that by doing so she then broke the curse for Will ...

Laura said...

Wow... I was panicing reading this. My palms are sweating but I'm glad everything worked out and that you remembered all the details for us ;)