Saturday, May 12, 2007

to eat or not to eat ...



Guess what it is .. go on .. try ..

If you answered pancakes, you would be correct ! That my friends is called a Jaffa/Orange Pancake. From The Pancake Manor. Does it look bad ? Does it look like someone who is on a diet should be eating it? I mean it does have oranges .....

Now guess what the following is ... go on try ..



It's a cake ! I made it .. a milk sponge cake covered with buttermilk frosting . .and chocolate sprinkly bits ..

I told a friend I would take a cake to his birthday party and that was my creation. Suffice to say, during the making of the cake I started a fire in the oven. I kinda didn't have a big enough pan for the cake and it spilled onto the elements and lit up. So one part of the cake was burn't literally, but I covered it in icing and took it anyways .. hah .. and surprisingly it all got ate ..

My goal is to make cakes that look as delicious as Darlene's! go check her cakes out .. I have a link to the right ..

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh hey! Next time you make a cake just like that let me know and I'll be right over!!

Gail said...

YUM! that looks soooooooooo good, how did it taste?

Trude said...

no idea how it tasted ... my diet does not allow me to partake, plus I knew about the burn't bit .. BUT everyone else loved it ,, go figure

Darlene said...

I'll make you a cake next time you come visit me :)

Daisy Paige said...

Your pancakes look like rotting rat poop.

Trude said...

hahaha that cracked me up .. HI Daisy ! lovely to see you ..