Friday, May 18, 2007

purple

My favourite colour has always and will always be purple. I have often wondered why I like the colour purple. To me it's a rich, bright colour, whatever contrast it might be in. I think it looks regal, which is probably why it's a regal colour. There is noone who can look dull when wearing purple, even if it's a pair of purple socks.

My most earliest memory of the colour purple was actually Donny Osmond and his purple socks, which followed quickly by Prince and his purple jacket in his "1999" video. Even James Brown had a liking for purple. If I could get married in anything besides white, I'd pick purple. In fact I'm pretty sure I'll be jealous of my bridesmaids being able to wear my favourite colour.

The more I have been thinking about some people this week - the more I feel inclined to sing Prince's Purple Rain out loud.

I never meant 2 cause u any sorrow
I never meant 2 cause u any pain
I only wanted 2 one time see u laughing
I only wanted 2 see u laughing in the purple rain

Purple rain purple rain
Purple rain purple rain
Purple rain purple rain

I only wanted 2 see u bathing in the purple rain

I never wanted 2 be your weekend lover
I only wanted 2 be some kind of friend
Baby I could never steal u from another
Its such a shame our friendship had 2 end

Purple rain purple rain
Purple rain purple rain
Purple rain purple rain

I only wanted 2 see u underneath the purple rain

Honey I know, I know, I know times are changing
Its time we all reach out 4 something new
That means u 2
U say u want a leader
But u cant seem 2 make up your mind
I think u better close it
And let me guide u 2 the purple rain

Purple rain purple rain
Purple rain purple rain

If you know what Im singing about up here
Cmon raise your hand

Purple rain purple rain

I only want 2 see u, only want 2 see u
In the purple rain

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/ - Glitter Graphics

actually the whole point of this topic was so I had a valid excuse to paste the cheesey purple thingy above. I'm feeling very cheesey lately.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I'm also a fan of purple. My love for it has been growing continually stronger for about a year or two now.