Sunday, November 11, 2007

Humbling somewhat..

http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com/
I am highlighting the above blog and also adding it to my blog list. I stumbled across it only today. It's a blog written by a lady from Iraq. She has since moved with her family to Syria. Nonetheless reading her blog is both sobering and thought provoking.

Also, remember that painting I have been doing ? Well it's still not finished. I need to adjust and do some stuff to it. But here it looks pretty much finished so I reckon I'll show it. Now consider I am not an artist and I am definitely not a painter, in fact this is the first one I have ever done. This painting however has a story - personally I think that all artwork has a story and it's not until I hear or see that story that the painting comes to life. Anyways here it is, so far. I don't think I am quite ready to share what it all means though. Tell me what you think.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That's great. It doesn't look like a first painting to me! But, when I think about it's meaning, I say don't cry, miss. I *heart* you.

Joy said...

That's amazing for a first painting.

Trude said...

thanks guys .. for being so nice ! heh ..

i *heart* you too mrs shannon .. :-)

those tears aren't necessarily sad tears either .. probably a mixture .. ;-)