Sunday, October 07, 2007

I totally toasted super gran.. fair and square


I bought a bike a few months ago, never used it, until today. I went for a lovely bike ride ... out to Loganlea, about 1.5 hours away. It was a lovely day for a bike ride, the sun shining, birds whistling, clouds puffing up like marshmallows. I knew there were only a few hills to go over on the trek, so I was all prepared with my bike and its 18 gears (of which I have no clue how to use). I was making pretty good time too .. helped that the wind was behind me AND I got all the green lights, sheesh why doesn't that happen when I'm driving.

I felt very good about myself and go to the first hill. I negotiated my bike to the lowest gear and started to make my climb. Half way up the hill I could feel someone behind me. You know how you get that feeling. I thought nah, only thing behind me would be cars. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw this image start to descend on me. Low and behold it was SUPER GRAN. Somebodys dang granny was power walking straight past me ! Rudeness I tell ya. I had just enough time to stop my bike pull out my phone and take the above picture. She was off.

But, you know what super gran, on the other side of that hill is a downhill descent ! Yeah, you think you're so smart. I totally toasted her on the other side. Me and my bike whizzed past her and left her for dust. Yeah how do you like those cookies super gran, thinking you're all tough.

On a better note, when I was sitting at the dentist the other day waiting to get my wallet drilled, I was reading a national geographic.. In it was an article of a guy who was given a camera phone and paid to take a years worth of pictures. Every day he would upload pictures to a website. The phones website. Anyways I am going to try to do that too ! Starting with yesterday. My bro and I went to the beach. It was a SA activity, but he's just got his learner's permit, so if there's somewhere to drive I usually see if he wants to chauffer. Below are the pics I took with my camera.

Currumbin Beach 6th October, 2007.












6 comments:

Gail said...

hahaha I just about peed my pants reading this post. loved it loved it loved.
Yay to the super gran.
I can remember biking this pretty big hill one day on my 21 speed fancy bike, heaving my lungs out too....and JUST about at the top this man well into his 70's or 80's biked passed on his freaking 10 speed not even breaking a sweat. He had the cheek to say to me "keep going lassy, you can make it" I could and I did... but jeepers he was a machine - good for him, that will keep him young.
so go granny go granny go granny go.
I love your camera phone photos, one a day for a year? I could totally do that haha

Trude said...

you know .. I knew you'd appreciate the traumatic experience I went through ..

haha

Gail said...

I hear ya sister of the cycle!

BTW, where are your daily camera shots?

Daisy Paige said...

Loved the Super Gran story! Did she catch you on the next hill, or was your ride over after the descent?

Trude said...

there was another hill to negotiate .. but i had left super gran for dead by the time i got there .. :-)

Laura said...

Your beach pictures made me think of Home and Away. Sweet!

I really hope you wear a helmet when you're on your bike. Post a picture are proof or I'll never believe you. One time I got hit by a granny on a bike. She wasn't wearing a helmet and I had to phone an ambulance. Take that! She split her head open by running me over.