Wednesday, October 10, 2007

photos of my week so far ...

Okies here goes with the first installment of photos. I'll post them in sequence.

Monday 8/10/07 - This is where I work. It's a manufacturing company. See the clouds - at least it looks like rain !

Through the red door is the factory. Over 200 people work in there. The most important part of this picture is the vending machine - our chocolate source.
This is my work station. See the window ?? ME EITHER. Which is why the background on my PC is one that brings me peace, joy and happiness. Up by the fake flowers is a football, I throw it at people who annoy me ... I guess I shoulda tried cleaning it up before I took the picture huh !
Tuesday 9/10/07 - A few times a week I walk home from work. This is part of a bush trail that I go through. I was hoping the picture would show the vivid contrast between the burnt bush and the re-growth. It's amazing to me how our bushland can rejuvinate itself so beautifully.

Tuesday night we had our first lightening/thunderstorm for the season. This was the best I could do with my phone camera ! Taken from the front porch, overlooking our pool (hence the palm trees).
Wednesday 10/10/07 - so you have seen my workstation at work, now for my desk at home, with all the important stuff within easy reach. I LOVE MY ELVIS CALENDAR.
This is a painting I am trying to do. It's taken me about 1.5 months to get this far. I have changed it and changed it many times. I have a theme. I just am scrambled about how to translate what is in my head onto paper. Hopefully in the not too distant future it will be finished and I can show the whole peice - this is only the bottom right corner of the canvass.

3 comments:

Gail said...

HEY thats sooooooooo cool to see all these pix.
It seems like we all know a little more about the football throwing, bushwalking, granny toasting, choco-holic! yay!
It's such a great idea!
Keep up the great work.
I will do it from Italy, k? ha!

Laura said...

Your work looks a lot like the Jansport distrubution centre I worked at the past 2 summers. Yuck. You're one of those lucky people that get to sit down during the working day though. Lucky. ;)

Gail said...

Im excited to see the painting finished, I likey the colours.